Advertisement

Father of Vasco Rape Victim Lashed out at Investigation Agency Saying “I don’t Trust CBI”

The closure report of the Vasco Rape case involving the 7-year-old schoolgirl had been filed by the CBI before the JMFC, has resulted into invoking the rage of the people of Vasco city. The father of the victim called the act of CBI as drama saying, I don’t trust CBI. Meanwhile, the sources have said that CBI has refused to part with the medical reports and other case papers of the victim. This act of CBI is not greeted positively by the people of Vasco city and NGO has decided to take the matter into their own hands to bring the culprit to the justice. 

According to the sources, the decision of CBI to file the closure report of the Vasco rape case involving the 7-year-old school girl has made the parents of the victim and Vasco-based NGO highly annoyed. They are questioning the “inefficiency” of the Central agency to investigate the case. The case was with CBI for the past four years and at the end, they bowed down in failure.

The father of the victim highly disappointed by the decision of CBI said that he does not trust the CBI anymore. “I feel that CBI is trying to shield the culprit and thus is in a hurry to close the case. The inefficiency of the central agency to investigate the case is proved beyond doubt. I challenge the CBI with full confidence that I can still crack the case if not the CBI but they should stop all this drama of dragging the case and now seek closure without any conclusion,” said the victim’s father.

PEOPLE PROTESTING THE RAPE CASE OF MINOR IN VASCO (SOURCE)

It may be recalled that, on January 14, 2013, a seven-year-old girl was raped in the toilet of a school at in Mormugao where she was studying. The case was initially handled by the local police was later handed over to Crime Branch and then finally to CBI. However, after probing it for almost four years, CBI could not trace the accused and it seemed that the case was heading nowhere. The CBI officials recently approached the judicial magistrate first class (JFMC), Vasco, seeking permission to close the case. The case will come up for hearing on February 16, 2017.   

THE SKETCH OF THE ACCUSED (IMAGE : JOEGOAUK)

Meanwhile, the victim’s father claimed that he has approached the JMFC requesting to issue the directions to the CBI asking them to provide all the documents relevant to the case, such as medical reports and all papers pertaining to the case in the form of certified copies instead of photostat copies. However, CBI till date did not provide the same to him. According to the grievance of victim’s father, CBI is not cooperating with him. “Neither the government nor the CBI, are cooperating with me. Soon after the incident, I had asked for my daughter’s medical report but it is sad that even today, the Crime Branch or CBI could not provide me with the same. I am not sure if the CBI wants to shield someone”, the father told Herald.      

Loading...
MASS PROTEST IN VASCO HEADED BY TARA KERKAR (SOURCE

Why are they trying the patience of parents who are suffering immensely? I want to ask the government whether they are really interested in giving me justice or will they allow the CBI to close the case,” he asked. Meanwhile, Vasco-based NGO Tara Kerkar, who had arranged a mass protest along with people of the port town, reportedly said, “It is very disappointing that the CBI could not crack the case. and is now intending to close it. It shows the “inefficiency” of CBI. We all are extremely upset and want state government to take the initiative to urge the CBI not to close the case till the culprit is booked and punished.”

NEWS SOURCE | IMAGE SOURCE

Also Read...

Scroll to Top