Monika Ghurde Case – Accused revealed before police as how he executed his plan

The Monika murder case has taken another turn with accused Rajkumar Singh’s confession.   Rajkumar Singh, the former watchman at Sapana Raj Valley at Sangolda-Goa, where perfume expert Monika Ghurde’s dead body was found, has revealed before the interrogators as why and how he executed his plan to murder Ghurde. According to the sources, Singh had admitted before the cops that he undressed Ghurde completely to make MMS video clip in order to blackmail her later. Police said they were still questioning him to ascertain if he had assaulted her sexually. Read the complete report here. 

[su_expand more_text=”READ MORE” less_text=” ” height=”0″ hide_less=”yes” link_style=”button” link_align=”center”]23-year-old Rajkumar was employed as a watchman at Sapana Raj Valley at Sangolda, where Ghurde used to live. Singh, a native of Punjab, was arrested on Sunday afternoon from Bangalore and brought to Goa by road on a transit warrant. A senior police officer said that Rajkumar, during his interrogation in Bangalore, had said that after smothering Ghurde, he thought she was unconscious. “We still don’t know whether Singh had actually filmed Ghurde,” the officer said.

Rajkumar told cops that after smothering her, he went into the kitchen, boiled two eggs and ate them, thinking she would wake up. But, as Ghurde was still ‘unconscious’, he checked on her and realized she had died, he told cops, adding that he then fled from the spot.

The cop said that Singh was familiar with the layout of the society since he had worked there as a watchman. Singh is believed to have entered the compound afternoon by jumping over the rear fence. He would be produced before the judicial magistrate first class, Mapusa, on Tuesday to seek his police custody for further interrogation.

The Goa Police had managed to arrest Singh after they obtained CCTV footage of him withdrawing money from an ATM in Porvorim using Ghurde’s ATM card. He had traveled from Goa to Mangalore by train and stayed there for a day before boarding a bus to Bangalore, police added.


Rajkumar told police that he entered Ghurde’s flat on Wednesday with the intention of robbing her. He entered the flat, flashed a knife, threatening her to keep quiet. He later tied her hands to the bed at knifepoint and took her ATM card and forced her personal identification number (PIN) from her.

According to the sources, the postmortem on Saturday revealed that Ghurde died due to smothering, the forensics department reserved its opinion on the alleged sexual assault. The post-mortem report had said there were injury marks on her private parts. A serological examination will be conducted at Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Hyderabad.



Also Read...

Scroll to Top