Introduction of Biometrics, Appointment for physical submission of application for Visa, Passport, OCI and Consular Services. The Government of India is rolling out Biometric Data Collection for Indian Visa globally and has already implemented this in several countries. This is part of the larger IVFRT (Indian Visa and Foreigners Registration and Tracking) Programme.
With effect from March 14, 2015, All Applicants will be required to book an appointment online to submit their applications at VFS Application Centres (14). Applicants will be able to book an appointment on VFS Website www.in.vfsglobal.co.uk at the time of filing online application forms.
Biometric Data collection, including fingerprint data and facial imagery will be a mandatory requirement for all visa applicants soon. As a result, all visa applicants will need to first apply online and, thereafter, be physically present (mandatorily) at India Visa and Consular Services centres, by appointment, for submission of visa application and biometric data enrolment.
Diplomatic and Official passport holders, travelling on official purposes, are exempt from applying at India Visa and Consular Services centres and may lodge their applications directly at the High Commission of India in London or its Consulates General of India in Birmingham and Edinburgh, as per the Consular jurisdiction.
The new online appointment system will be applicable from 16th March 2015.
- With effect from 16th March 2015, all Visa , Passport, OCI, Consular Services at VFS Application Centres in London (Goswell Road, Paddinton and Hounslow), Birmingham, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, Bradford, Newcastle, Belfast, Cardiff, Bristol, Glasgow and Leicester will be granted on the basis of appointments only.
- Applicants must book an online appointment for all Services (Visa, Passport, OCI, and Consular Services) before visiting VFS Application Centres.
III. Only one person/applicant is allowed per appointment. For family applications each applicant will be required to book a separate appointment.
- Appointment can be booked by visiting after completion of the Online Form via VFS website: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/
- All applicants will be required to bring the printout of the appointment letter along with the application form at the time of submission. No applications will be accepted without appointment after 16th March 2015.
- All applicants must reach at the above VFS Application centres 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment.
VII. No applications will be accepted by post.
In case of Medical Emergency, applicants can visit the VFS application centres in person to submit the application without appointment, with documentary evidence and processing time will apply. For further details please visit High Commission of India, London Website: www.hcilondon.in
CITY OFFICE ADDRESS LAUNCH DATE
|London – Goswell Road||142-148 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7DU||1st March 2015|
|London – Hounslow||The Vista Centre First Floor – Part A Block50 Salisbury RoadHounslowTW4 6JQ||1st March 2015|
|London- Paddington||Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London W2 6NB||14th March|
|Birmingham||5 -14 South Road, Smethwick, Birmingham, B67 7BN||1st March 2015|
|Edinburgh||1 RENNIE’S ISLE, LEITH, EDINBURGH, EH6 6QT||1st March 2015|
|Manchester||1st Floor, 18-22 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3AG, United Kingdom||1st March and will be moved to the new office by 14th March.|
|Belfast||55-59 Adelaide St Belfast BT2 8FE||1st March 2015|
|Bristol||Suite 102A, QC30 Queen Charlotte Street, Bristol BS1 4HJ||14th March|
|Bradford||Skipton Chamber 16-18 North Parade, Bradford, BD13HT||14th March|
|Newcastle||Gunner House, Neville Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 5DF||14th March|
|Cardiff||Temple Court – 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9HA||1st March|
|Liverpool||The Corn Exchange, Fenwick, Liverpool , L2 7QL||1st March 2015|
|Leicester||Peepul’s Centre, Leicester||1st March 2015|
|Glasgow||2nd Floor, 134 Berkeley Street, Glasgow, G3 7HY||1st March 2015|