Advertisement

Remo to move an anticipatory bail in the Goa Children’s Court – Report

Famous pop singer and Padmashree awardee Remo Fernandes is planning to move for anticipatory bail in the Goa Children’s Court. Remo is facing the charges of verbal abuse to the minor girl who met with an accident by the car driven by his son Jonah Fernandes on December 1.

According to the report published by PTI news agency, the famous pop star Remo Fernandes through his local counsel Rajeev Gomes is in the process of approaching the Goa Children’s Court for the anticipatory bail in the verbal abuse matter to a minor girl knocked by his son Jonah Fernandes. The report claims that, fearing the arrest in the matter of verbal abuse of the 17-year-old girl Remo Fernandes decided to move an anticipatory bail in Goa Children’s Court.

“We are in the process of moving the anticipatory bail anytime now. I am just waiting for the authentication of my client (Remo Fernandes) who is in Portugal. We are moving in the Goa Children’s Court seeking the protection from the arrest of Remo Fernandes,” said Rajeev Gomes, counsel to Remo. He also approved of the lookout notice been issued against his client and police is in the process of getting a lookout circular against him which means the arrest can be done right at the airport on his (Remo) arrival in Goa.

Meanwhile according to the reports, Remo Fernandes through his counsel has filed an intervention petition in Goa Children’s Court stating that he has no objection if court monitors the investigation of the case registered against him in the alleged verbal abuse case of a minor girl.  The intervention petition has been filed by advocate Rajeev Gomes who is representing the pop star in this case. The intervention petition claims that there are certain facts that have not been placed by the complainant in this case and the same could result into the matter going against his client.  “The non-discloser of certain facts by the applicant has the tendency to mislead the court,” states the petitioner.  The petitioner further claims that all the alleged accusation leveled against him by the complainant Aires Rodrigues are false and baseless and the same is resulting into the unnecessary harassment and victimization of him.

According to Remo, he left Goa on 7th December while the FIR was registered on December 19 in his absence. He also stated that, he has informed the police about his unavailability in Goa prior of January 8, 2016, due to his trip to Europe which was pre-planned much prior to the present incident. Remo also claimed that he is making all the efforts to reach in Goa before the assured date.

Loading...

The Intervention Petition of Remo was objected by Aires Rodrigues and Public prosecutor Krishna Sanzgiri. The additional session Judge and Acting president of Goa Children’s Court, P V Kamat have adjourned the matter till January 1, 2016. The counsel of Remo has argued on the matter saying that it is next to impossible for his client to reach Goa before January 8 but he is making all the efforts to reach Goa before that. The singer also told the court that he is innocent and has been falsely implicated into this case by the complainant (Aires Rodrigues) who had filed the police complaint on the behalf of the girl. The statement of the victim girl including the GMC staff on duty had already been recorded by the police.

Meanwhile, the north Goa Superintendent of Police Umesh Gaonkar in his statement to the court had affirmed that all the allegations leveled by Aires Rodrigues claiming that the accused is trying to abuse the power and political contacts to thwart the investigation of the case are baseless and has not groundwork. According to Gaonkar complainant has no documentary evidence to support the contention filed by him.

Source: Various Sources

Also Read...

Scroll to Top