Mahindra off road challenge Goa 2015 organized by Mahindra, an adventurous journey began at 9am on 18th July 2015 from the resorts at Quepem in south Goa. The event was flagged off by the Chairman of GTDC and Curchorem MLA Nilesh Cabral. With more than 50 participants took part in this audacious ride going through the difficult terrain of mountains of Quepem to Cuncolim. The challenge was divided into three segments which include 4 wheel drive, 2 wheel drive and Champions Trophy Challenge.
The off-road trail event flagged off at 9am from deulmol in Quepem and the journey began. The caravan started moving slowly on the main road before entering the off road rocky terrain of mountain which started with quite bumpy ride. After approximately 2km of distance the adventure took serious turn with one of the jeep getting stuck into the trench which was quite deep but the rescue team managed to pull out the vehicle safely. The journey then continued with few more challenges which included climbing steep hill and scrolling down to the slope, making the way through the water channels and passing through the drain. After climbing 1000s of feet high through the difficult rocky terrain the journey to the finish began which was more of a joy ride back to the base.
The event received the huge response from all age group of participants which included some minor participants too, who was noticed enjoying the adventurous ride through the mountain with no sign of fear. The whole journey was safe with absolutely no negative event took place. The journey which started with the breakfast at 9am ended by lunch time at 3pm back to the resort at Quepem.
The Great Escape event which was instituted almost 2 years back by Mahindra & Mahindra was intended to offer Mahindra owners a chance to go off-roading in controlled circumstances. This is the platform which ideal forum to meet up with like minded enthusiasts and participants drive through a course identified by the Mahindra. The recovery team which accompanies the adventurer ride makes sure that everyone reaches back to base for a late lunch.
The journey doesn’t end here as there is a twist to this theme by introducing the off-road Trophy class. Those who participate in this challenge are subjected to some rigorous off road tests and the final 4 winners are chosen from each off-road Trophy events to participate into the Grand finals which is held at Igatpuri in Nasik Maharashtra with the winner of this Trophy drive back home with Brand Spanking new Mahindra Thar.
The Event Chronology
- The event starred at 9am from resort Quepem following the registration & breakfast for the trail off-road with the entry fee of Rs. 5000 for the team of 2 with additional person entry fee of Rs. 1000 per head.
- The off-road Trophy Entry Rs. 11500 with only 2 members per team were allowed.
- The briefing session explained to dos and don’ts post which there was flag off by Curchorem MLA Nilesh Cabral.
- The event concluded by the lunchtime back to the base wherein all participants gathered and cherished their moments during the event along with the lunch
- The prize distribution ceremony for the winners of Off-Road Trophy Challenge and then participants departed to their home.
The Winners of Trophy Challenge
- Pushkar Audi (Driver) / Tejas Shirodkar (Co Driver)
- Cedrick DaSilva (Driver) / Floyd Dias (Co Driver)
- Ashish Dukle (Driver) / Mackinto Fernandes (Co driver)
- Maithili Bhobe (Driver) / Krishna Bhobe (Co driver)
TEXT & PHOTOGRAPHY BY: Rajesh Ghadge
Publisher’s Note: First published by Goa Prism, All the images are subject to copyright, can be used free of cost with written permission of photographer.