Panjim, Jan 30: Setting the stage for Goa Carnaval 2015, Goa Tourism has invited entries for the Carnival Float parade 2015 commencing from February 14, 2015. The float parades will be held at seven Centers across the State. These are Panjim (Feb. 14), Margao (Feb. 15), Vasco, Curchorem, Shiroda (Feb. 16) and Mapusa, Ponda (Feb. 17). There is however a request for change in date for the float parade in Ponda and the Dept. of Tourism will decide on this shortly and inform the general public, if any changes effected.
There will be six categories for the float parade which includes Traditional, Club/Institution, Family, Sponsored, Fun Junk and Clown/Joker. The Government has taken a decision that all floats participating in the parades will have to be pre-approved based on the designs and themes submitted by the participants. The Entry Forms together with the Terms and Conditions are available on the websites www.goatourism.gov.in and www.goa-tourism.com and can be downloaded and submitted to the Department of Tourism, Panaji, Goa Tourism Development Corporation, Panaji and the respective Municipalities of the above Carnival Centres.
To ensure quality and better participation, rules and regulations have been specified:
- These include participation criteria for number of participants and each float has to compulsorily be accompanied with Participants in all floats of all categories must compulsorily wear carnival costumes. Any participation with T-shirts, normal clothes, shirts with commercial logo, etc. will not be permitted.
- The terms and conditions also state that height of the participating float should not exceed 14 feet from the ground.
- No part of the float vehicle should be visible and should be fully decorated. Equipment like generators on tow or in secondary vehicles should be fully camouflaged with carnival décor.
- Carrying of animals and cruelty to animals is strictly prohibited.
- Depicting of any religious scenes or deity, which could hurt the sentiments of any community / religion, is strictly prohibited. Depicting of any political themes, figures personality or caricatures is also prohibited.
- Performance of participants has to be continuous and throughout the route of the procession. No offensive, vulgar, indecent or obscene display / exposure whatsoever either in dress or performance / action / gesture will be permitted.
- No liquor / alcohol drinks / drugs should be served or consumed on the float during the parade.
- Similarly, no lethal weapons will be permitted to be carried on the floats during the
The floats participating would be judged by a panel of jury appointed by GTDC and respective committees. The result submitted by the Jury will be final. The assessment of the competing floats would be based on originality, costumes, performance, music, visual impacts so on. Every float will be screened before commencement of the parade at each centre by a Screening Committee appointed by GTDC to check the compliance to all rules. Non-adherence to any of the conditions will disqualify the float for participation in the parade.