Advertisement

Goa Police Claims Victims were Escorts while Minister takes back offensive remarks

Escorts Image used for representational purpose only

The recent gang rape case involving two Delhi girls have taken new turn, the senior police officials have claimed that the victims of the gang rape were working as an escorts and they were accidental victims of a revenge plot involving one of the five accused, Ajay Kushwa who had an argument and recovery issue with the pimp operating from Goa known as Manoj, who is apparently absconding.

Speaking to reporters at the North Goa District headquarters superintendent of police Umesh Gaonkar said the two escorts were abducted by the group and later raped by four people while they were being held for ransom. “The complaint of gang-rape and assault has been confirmed and verified. The girls were escorts who had been hired by the main accused Ajay Kushwa from Manoj, who owed him around Rs 1.5 lakh,” Gaonkar said.

Meanwhile the tourism minister of Goa who created the controversy by calling the accused “Nadaan” & “Petty Criminals” have taken back his words on Saturday, speaking to the media Mr. Parulekar said that he “takes back his words” if they have caused hurt to anyone in the state or country and appealed to one and all to work together for boosting tourism.  “About the debate in the national media over the last four days, I only have to say that if anyone in the state or country felt hurt or bad by some of the words I uttered, I take them back,” Parulekar said. “Let everyone be happy and help improve tourism overall,” he added.

Parulekar on Friday had called the gang rape a “stunt”, saying much was being made about the gang rape despite the fact that the accused as well as the victims were not locals. “I have said it earlier, I am saying it again, wherever tourism activity flourishes such minor incidents happen,” Parulekar had said.

Loading...

 Source: IANS 

Also Read...

Scroll to Top