In one of the most shocking incidents that took place at the school in the Capital of India, the police arrested a 20-year-old girl for sexually exploiting a 7-year-old junior inside the school premises. According to the sources, the incident of sexual exploitation was going on for past three months but the victim’s father found out about it and made a call to PCR on Saturday afternoon and narrated the police about the incident.

The girl was later arrested by the Delhi police for allegedly assaulting her 7-year-old junior inside the school premises. According to the sources, in the investigation, it has been revealed that sexual exploitation of the minor was going on for past three months. The police, later on, revealed that there was an involvement of two girls in the exploitation of a minor and second accused is a minor.

The sources have further stated that an alleged sexual exploitation was going on during the lunch break time and after classes were over. The accused, one aged 20 and another a minor, gave the victim sedatives, Moti Bagh police said, adding that the 20-year-old has been arrested. The incident came to light when the victim’s father made a PCR call on Saturday afternoon and said his daughter had been “sexually violated” at school. A case under IPC sections 328 and 34 as well as under the POCSO Act has been registered. Police said an NGO and a psychologist have been asked to counsel the girl.

According to the DCP (west) Vijay Kumar, the girl has been medically examined and her statement has been recorded. The DCP said, “In her statement, she alleged that two girls used to take her to a vacant room during lunch time and take off her clothes as well as theirs. She said they touched her inappropriately.” The DCP said the main accused studies in Class IX and has failed thrice. The minor accused is yet to be questioned, he said.

Police said the victim couldn’t recount how many times she had been sexually assaulted. “She told us that the accused would prick her with a needle or give her something to drink, after which she would feel drowsy. They threatened her not to tell anyone,” said police. Police said the victim’s statement will be recorded before a magistrate Monday. The school has denied such an incident took place, police said.


The above incident is of the most serious type since it took place inside the school premises which raises the doubts on the functioning of the school management. It shows the school does not have enough security measures despite the directives from the education departments to install the CCTV cameras and beef-up the security on the campus most of the schools do not follow it. In this case both the accused and victims are of the same gender but it could have been otherwise also.


Also Read...

Scroll to Top