11 month old baby left critical after she was raped for 2 hours

An 11-month-old baby was allegedly raped for two hours by a 36-year-old construction worker in the locality of Vikaspuri in west Delhi on 2nd September, and then abandoned in some bushes by the culprit. The infant was sleeping with her mother, when a 36-year-old man who worked as a construction laborer at the office-cum-residential complex of Delhi, allegedly whisked the child away at 10:00 pm. Read the full news here.

[su_expand more_text=”READ MORE” less_text=” ” height=”0″ hide_less=”yes” link_style=”button” link_align=”center”]According to police reports, the mother and the infant slept with each other. Finding her mother asleep, the accused took the child to a nearby jungle at around 10pm and allegedly raped the infant for two hours and abandoned in the bushes there. When the mother found the infant missing at around 11 pm, she immediately informed the police about it.

After her mother alerted the authorities at 11:00 pm, the baby was later found in an unconscious state by the local police and rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, where she remains in the Intensive Care Unit. “The girl was bleeding profusely. Doctors at the hospital have said that her condition is serious,” according to the sources, a senior official said.

The police later found the construction worker’s cell phone at the scene of the crime and tracked him to a nearby settlement for laborers. When the accused was arrested, he initially denied being involved in the rape case, but on sustained questioning admitted to it. Police said that he was a resident of Bihar and travelled to Delhi periodically to work as a construction laborer. “The survivor’s father and the accused were both employed by the same contractor to construct a boundary wall around the police office,” said the officer.

After further investigations, it was found that the accused lived with the other laborers engaged in building the boundary wall. In his confession, he told police that he picked up the infant around 10pm. “He said he then took her to the bushes beside a drain and raped her for nearly two hours,” the officer said. Fearing that she had died when she became unconscious, he left the child in the bushes and fled to his shack.


Police have recorded the statements of the victim’s parents. The shocked father said that he was horrified to see his daughter’s condition. “Her clothes were torn and she had nail marks all over the body. The severe injuries might have a lifelong impact on her health.” Swati Maliwal, Delhi Commission for Women chief, visited the hospital and met the child’s family members. Pushpendra Kumar, DCP (West) said that an FIR for rape under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code and Section 6 of the POCSO Act had been registered and the accused sent to Tihar Jail. According to National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data, 927 incidents of child rapes have been reported in 2015, making Delhi most unsafe city for children.



Also Read...

Scroll to Top